If you took a second to be honest with yourself, there’s likely at least one area on your face that you wish you could change.
For many of us, those worry areas involve the natural process of aging – and how it often starts sooner than what we’re ready for.
The good news is that you don’t have to just sit back and let the years take their toll on your face. Botox is a great way to take a little bit of your power back – and keep your face looking youthful and smooth, even as the aging process continues.
So, where are your worry areas and how can Botox injections help?
How Does Botox Work?
There are a number of rumors and misconceptions surrounding Botox, including how it’s made and how it works. First of all, even though Botox is considered a “neurotoxin,” it isn’t “toxic” when used as directed by an expert like one of our advanced practice providers.
The term “neurotoxin” may sound scary, but all that means is that it has the ability to block signals sent by the nerves to the muscles on the face.
And yes, Botox does come from a specific type of bacteria that can be found in botulism, a foodborne illness. However, it has been isolated and developed to provide a milder, more controlled form of one of the main symptoms of botulism – the ability to “paralyze” the nerves.
What this means for you is that Botox is used for its anti-aging and facial smoothing properties. When injected into targeted areas, the result is a temporary weakness or paralysis of the muscles.
Without the signals to activate, the muscles naturally relax, which leads to less visible fine lines and wrinkles (and other positive benefits, which we’ll discuss in more detail). That doesn’t mean you can’t move your face, however; just that the underlying muscles don’t respond as vigorously as before. Because at Skin Pharm, we pride ourselves on more natural, never-overdone results.
Not only is Botox popular, it’s also the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure performed in the United States. According to one study performed in 2018, 7.4 million Botox treatments were performed in the U.S. alone. That’s more than the amount of chemical peels, microdermabrasion and soft tissue fillers combined. Obviously, Botox continues to be a popular procedure – and for good reason. The benefits really speak for themselves!
What Benefits Can Botox Provide?
Knowing what Botox injection sites to target can definitely help support the likelihood that you’ll get the results you’re looking for with a treatment.
There are a few specific target areas that most people use to get that smoother, more youthful appearance that they’re looking for:
- FOREHEAD – This is the most common injection site, because those tell-tale horizontal wrinkles are usually the first sign of aging that most people recognize.
- FROWN LINES – Technically known as the glabella (also called frown lines or the “11s”between your eyebrows), this is another more popular Botox injection site because it smoothes out the wrinkles that tend to make you look angry or frustrated.
- EYEBROWS – Many people don’t know that using Botox in the right place can actually mimic the effects of a brow lift, which is why they refer to it as the Botox brow lift. It’s intended to relax the muscles that pull the eyebrows and eyelids down and make them look droopy, without touching the muscles that pull them back up. The results can be very impressive!
- CROW’S FEET – Is there anyone who doesn’t know what crow’s feet are? This is one of the most commonly complained about signs of aging and is worsened by squinting. It’s also one of the thinnest, most delicate areas of skin on you face, which is why fine lines and wrinkles are so much more apparent there.
- BUNNY LINES – If you notice wrinkles when you laugh, smile or scrunch up your nose, you see your nasalis lines. They can even go all the way up to your lower eyelid area in some cases.
- DIMPLED CHIN – One of the lesser-known signs of aging isn’t crow’s feet or forehead lines, it’s a dimpled or puckered chin. As the muscles in this area become more visible due to collagen loss, natural dimpling happens. Botox can help with this, too.
- SMILE LINES – Smile lines can be small, or they can extend all the way down to your jaw. They can also cause your smile to look droopy.
- LIPS – Lip filler isn’t the only thing that can make your lips look fuller or give you the pout you’ve always wanted. Targeted Botox injection sites can roll the upper lip outward, which also minimizes the fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. We call this a lip flip!
- GUMS – If you notice more of your gums than you want when you smile, you may be able to benefit from Botox injections in that area. What this does is calm down the muscles that pull the lips back, so that you can smile without having to worry about it as much.
Studies have even shown that the benefits are more impressive than originally thought. Not only does Botox relax the muscles in the face, leading to a smoother appearance, it actually helps the skin to literally remodel itself over time.
Book Your Botox Appointment Today!
When you’re ready to take the leap to get smoother, more youthful-looking skin, book an appointment at Skin Pharm today.
Our main goal with any Botox procedure is to make sure that you still look like yourself, but the best version possible. Our injections are performed by trained providers who all aim to provide a natural look without those extra stiff, frozen facial features that can come with over-injecting.
We use the smallest needles possible to inject the Botox just under the skin, targeting the specific muscles in the areas you want to treat. It takes just a few days to start to see results and you’ll only need to refresh your Botox injection sites a few times a year – usually every 3–4 months.
Other than taking it easy for a few hours after your procedure, the downtime required is minimal and any redness you may experience usually subsides not long after you walk out the door.
How to Amp Up Your Treatments
Botox is amazing enough, but did you know that there is a way to improve those results even further?
Our Gold Infusion treatment gently stamps a customized cocktail of good-for-you ingredients just below the surface of your skin. In terms of intensity, it’s somewhere between Botox injections and microneedling, with 24-karat gold plated needles delivering Botox and other antioxidants, serums and hydrating agents about 0.6 millimeters into the skin.
The end result is skin that looks more plump, dewy and bright as soon as you walk out the door. Gold Infusion is great for fine lines, dullness, sun damage, melasma, enlarged pores and more. The benefits are apparent right away – and they’ll keep you coming back for more!
Botox injections sites make all the difference in the types of results that you can get from your treatments. Whether you want to focus on treating your forehead wrinkles, your smile lines or having a lip flip or a Botox brow lift performed, Skin Pharm can bring you the natural, beautiful results you’re looking for.
Book your appointment today and take control of the aging process!